Wishing For Forever

This is my blog. It's for starting a new life. Screw everything in the past it's all being let go of. Thank you to Mark who taught me how to love myself and how to let go of the past.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

My Friend

I have a friend. She is constantly told how beautiful she is, but she can't see it. She's always told what a great personality she has, yet she doesn't know it. As I look at her I see the pain in her eyes. She's so alone yet no one can see. She just wants someone to be there for her, to hold her, to love her. But she's still alone. She wonders how people can tell her that she's so beautiful, she's got the perfect body, a great personality, yet she's still alone. Everyone wants to be her. Or so she's told. It's like everyone wants to be her yet no one wants to be with her. All her friends have boyfriends or fiances. She's alone. Everyone else is so happy, she's so sad. She used to have thoughts of suicide. Occasionally they'll cross her mind but then she reminds herself that she's not going down that road again. I look into her eyes, and I see straight to her soul. The only thing that's left of her heart is a thread. A tiny little thread. The rest of it is burned, broke, and shattered. Sometimes she doesn't think this life is worth living anymore, but she'll keep on living it in hopes of someday proving herself wrong. In hopes that someday, oneday, if only for a brief moment in time she'll find someone that will be there for her, hold her, and love her. Even if for a brief moment in time. But the catch is that it has to be true. Not fake like all the other guys that just used her. Look into her eyes and you can see that too. But you have to look deep. Past that fake smile, past the doors, the chains, and the walls around her tiny thread of a heart. Look past her fake laughs and smiles. Tell me what you see. Do you know here biggest fear? I do. It's dying alone. Do you see the same girl that I do? Scared, alone, frightened. Can you see the tears that she hides. I can. Can you feel her pain? I can. Do you feel as alone as she does? I do. Sometimes life isn't worth living, but we live on in hopes of it improving. And I constantly have to remind my friend of that. Life is worth living, you're beautiful, you do have a great personality, and someday you'll find a guy that makes you so happy that your heart will return to normal. No more burns, breaks, or shards. You won't be alone anymore. You just have to hold on for a little while longer. You'll find him. You'll be happy again. No more tears. Even through the hard times you'll perservere. Because you've been through the worst of it all so you know that if you can make it through that, you can make it through anything. You'll be yourself again, you'll find yourself again. Just keep on breathing. Keep on dreaming. Keep on wishing. Some day your prince will come. Now here's the catch. Do you know who my friend is? Who I'm looking at? Well if you don't know. It's my reflection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home